users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with Sun One Application Server 7 (yes, it's old but ...)

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:08:52 -0700

On 08/05/09 03:06, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have this problem, i hope someone can help me ... in some way.
>

> this is the situation:
>
> a front-end apache 1.3 listening on port 80
>
> a back-end sun one application server 7 listening on port 81
>
> clients connect to apache, apache connect to sun one.
>
> apache use the directive ProxyPass e ProxyPassReverse (mod_proxy)
>
> example:
>
> ProxyPass /something http://127.0.0.1:81/something
> ProxyPassReverse /something http://127.0.0.1:81/something
>

> the problem is:
>
> some application running on sun one (not all) create pages with links to sub-pages with the url based not on the original url but on the last url (these applications probably uses request.getServeName and getServerPort):
>
> example of resulting link:
>
> http://127.0.0.1:81/somthing/somethingelse
>
> obviously, it doesn't work.
>
> unfortunatly we can't change these applications but we have to find some workaround.
>
> i try something on apache but without success.
> there is something to do on sun one to solve this problem?
>
> any ideas?

Try configuring the value of the "server-name" attribute of the
http-listener
on the Sun One Application Server 7 instance, as follows:

  server-name="http://<fontend-server-name>:<frontend-server-port>"

or (in the case of an SSL-offloading frontend)

  server-name="https://<fontend-server-name>:<frontend-server-port>"

Jan