users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Upgrade Failing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:02:21 PDT

Thanks. I tried this in another environment and the upgrade worked out well without this error. So it's still a puzzle as to why this happens on this particular environment. Would be helpful if some of the Glassfish folks could tell us what could be the probably cause for this.
Also since you seem to have gone through an upgrade stage, was wondering if you could share your experience on it. My cluser is a multi-machine cluser so I've applied the upgrade on all machines. However apart from the machine that had the DAS running, the upgrade on other servers didn't workout well on the node-agents.
So as part of my upgrade process, on the other servers I copy my old node-agents folder onto the new version. And then start them up with --syncinstances. The current tests for this has been working OK(ish) but everytime the nodeagents startup I get the following;
_ThreadName=JBI-Ready-Sync;|Registry Differences for Target: test-cluster
  Remove Shared Libraries:
  Add Shared Libraries:
  Replace Shared Libraries:
  Remove Components:
  Add Components:
  Update Components:
  Affected Components:
  Replace Components:
  Component properties:
  Remove component application variables:
  Add component application variables:
  Remove component configuration:
  Add component configuration:
  Change Components Lifecycle:
  Remove Service Assemblies:
  Add Service Assemblies:
  Replace Service Assemblies:
  Change Service Assemblies Lifecycle:
  Affected Service Assemblies:
  Components to Start for Undeploy:
  Components to Start for Deploy:
  Components to Start for Config Changes:
  Domain config changes:
    Category: System
    Category: Installation
    Category: Deployment
  Instance config changes:
    Category: System
    Category: Installation
    Category: Deployment
|#]
Still they appear to be running without causing any grief. But was wondering if this is something farmiliar in your experience of the upgrade. Thanks!!

Cheers
-- Imran
[Message sent by forum member 'imranbohoran' (imranbohoran_at_gmail.com)]