users@glassfish.java.net

Custom MBeans and JPA. It's possible?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:47:57 PDT

Hello. I'm new to Glassfish and J2EE. One requirement of my current project is to verify periodically if certain data exists in the database (and if not exists it must generate and insert that data). Searching on the web I found that Glassfish is capable of execute some actions (like sending email) when some events occurs (triggers, lifecycle, etc). I implemented the functionality in a jar (Class Library Project) using Netbeans and toplink as persistence provider. However when trying to register the custom MBean with GUI, I receive the following error: [b]No Persistence provider for EntityManager named JPymeManagementPU: No META-INF/persistence.xml was found in classpath.[/b].

I would like to know if it's possible to use custom MBeans with JPA or I must try a different approach?

Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'gxcr' (gxcr)]