users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Questions About Glassfish Patches

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:56:16 PDT

I think the better question is whether any community patches are de facto pushed in to the Sustaining branch, or are they only pulled in as necessary (i.e. someone reports a bug, and during analysis the team finds a solution from the community branch).

Another question is whether the Sustaining branch is, effectively, "recut" every time we get a public release. Since the patches are, in time, rolled back in to the community edition, is the Sustaining branch ever completely reynced, or is it, over time, simply drifting apart from the community branch?

Finally, are bugs reported to support and managed by the Sustaining team reported back to the community, even if the fixes are not until later?
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]