users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Confiqure MS Access Database

From: Eve Pokua <gorgeous65_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:32:24 +0100

Hi,

The last time I checked, in the admin console of glass fish, MS Access is

not one of the database you can connect with glass fish or supported by.

But you can try and if it does not work then, the best ones are MS SQL server 2000/2005 or even the express.

For Access:

The easiest way is to download JDBC driver-

http://www.easysoft.com/applications/microsoft-access/jdbc-odbc.html

and follow instructions of how to install it and connect it to JAVA. I believe this way is the old way of connecting to java but not glass fish.

For MS SQL server 2000/2005 express JDBC driver-

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html

The easiest way is to connect through Netbeans. After that, Netbeans

will automatically register it with the glass fish server. You can check this with the admin console.

You will need nebeans 6.5 or later version

YOu can load the driver after downloading in NetBeans-

In netbeans go to the services tab.

right click Drivers, then New driver, then Add, then

browse to driver that you downloaded. I have not tried

this with MS Access JDBC driver this way.

Anyway, after this OK. Then

In MS SQL server or Access DB, make sure you've created the database.

Back in Netbeans, right click 'Databases', then 'New Connection', Under

'Basic settings', 'Name', select 'jtds(for MS SQL server)'. For SQL server,

the default port number is 1433, then the server name - usually your PCs name, then the Database, user name and passwrd.

If you put in the correct information, it should connect if the services is running.

All done. Check admin console of glass fish that it is registered

eve