users@glassfish.java.net

How to refresh the cache using glashfish server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:33:26 PDT

Hi Guys,

I have an application with two layers, front end – JSF and business layer is in JCAPS (web services).

My front end application is deployed on Glassfish server.

My problem is that I have some of the master data stored in cache at application scope which I want to refresh periodically.

This can be done programmatically but it has a few performance drawbacks given in the current scenario.

Also when doing it programmatically it would require a user action to trigger the refreshing event.

Can this be done in some other way where in this data can be refreshed periodically without any user action.

.
Regards,
Prashanth.

kotlaprashanth_at_gmail.com
[Message sent by forum member 'pkotla' (pkotla)]