users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: GLASSFISH IS LAME

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:50:38 +0200

> Do you have any idea what open source stands for?
> I am a long time believer in open source. And I have nothing against
> paying for support on open source products that actually show promise.

I think nobody has a problem with paying good money for good support. But with GlassFish's P1 bugs it is different. Those bug reports have been investigated in long and expensive research by the users (they did not get money for that from Sun or anybody else), and it should be fair that those users get the bug fix for free, too. I do not see bug fixing as a "support".

Regards
Markus