users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 brand new installation. Admin console not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:51:18 PDT

> Thank you for the suggestion. It was the JDK version
> after all.
>
> Updating it to jdk1.6.0_14 solved the problem.

Excellent! I'm glad it was an easy fix, albeit rather subtle.

> Now, I am back to another issue that I reported
> earlier. Admin application can't find the helpset
> file.
>
> Here is the stack trace:
>
> [#|2009-07-22T14:50:20.560-0700|WARNING|glassfish|com.
> sun.webui.jsf|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|WEBUI
> 0002: The following Message ID was not found in the
> the com.sun.webui.jsf.resources.LogMessages
> ResourceBundle: Can not create helpset for en locale:
> Could not parse
> Got an IOException (Connection refused)
> Parsing failed for null
> Got an IOException (Connection refused)

That I'm not real familiar with. Let me ask around the "office" and see what I can dig up. I do know that the OLH is under-going some overhauls. It should be functional, but I haven't done anything in that area, so I don't know off hand.

> Going back to the original issue of jdk version. I
> noticed that latest-glassfish-unix.sh does check for
> the jdk major and minor version. Here is the
> snippet:
>
> # We want 1.6 or newer
> if [ "$major" -eq "1" -a "$minor" -ge "6" ]; then
> echo "$j/java"
> return
> fi
> ld be nice if it also checks for the revision no.

It probably would. I'll try to file an RFE on that (or you can if you feel like it) and see what the build/RE teams think.
[Message sent by forum member 'jdlee' (jdlee)]