users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to eliminate port number?

From: Vivien Barousse <barousse.vivien_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:02:08 +0200

Hi,

On my GlassFish installation, I just mapped GlassFish to use the 80 and
443 port for HTTP(S) connectors. But I see a lot of people recommending
to use mod_jk with a front-end HTTP server.

My question is what are the difference between using mod_jk and mapping
GlassFish directly to post 80. Are they security / performance issues ?

Regards,

Vivien Barousse