users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish will not accept incoming requests

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:16:50 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello all - I'm a newbie at Glassfish Admin so if this question is too simple I apologize ahead of time...
>
> I've set up Glassfish v2.1 on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, leaving the default ports.
> I've opened port 8080, TCP, both inbound and outbound, through the firewall.
> I've opened the Glassfish Service EXE, both inbound and outbound, through the firewall.
>
> Glassfish will still only accept requests on the local machine, and not accept requests from machines on the LAN.

I suspect the firewall still block requests. Edit domain.xml:

  c:\glassfish\domains\domain1\config\domain.xml

and add a jvm-options:

  -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.enableSnoop=true

Then try to send a request. File:

  c:\glassfish\domains\domain1\log\server.log

should contains information about your request. If nothing is printed,
then that confirm the firewall is still blocking requests. Try
stop/start GF or stop/start firewall (huh not good) :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois