users@glassfish.java.net

JSP not loading

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:03:52 PDT

Hi folks,

   I have what I think may be a simple problem...

   I have a web app that begins with a typical HTML form where a user enters name and password (using doPost). This gets passed to a servlet that passed the user ID and password to a POJO for authentication. Once authenticated the servlet passes the user ID and a few other bits of data (from another POJO) to a JSP. The problem is that the JSP isn't loading. When I try this the HTML login page just 'sits and spins'. I should point out that the JSP does load with the correct values when I test this in Eclipse (using Glassfish as the server).

   I checked the app server logs and I notice that the auth check succeeeds and all the correct values that I want to pass to the JSP are there. But for some reason the JSP itself just won't load. It seems to be getting stuck on these entries in the app server log...

Message: WARNING createConnection API used w/ username, password for Container Auth(details)

Logger: javax.resourceadapter.mqjmsra.outbound.connection

Time: Jul 17, 2009 09:45:54.843

Name-Value Pairs: _ThreadID=24;_ThreadName=Timer-92;_RequestID=3c3d3145-d21d-4e8a-97c4-7f02f5727008;

   This type of entry appears over and over again. Not sure exactly what it means but it looks like an attempt to perform Web container authentication (which I am not attempting to use in my web.xml file.) I checked the Security Manager settings and authentication is not enabled.

    Can anyone please offer any advice?

      Many Thanks!

        Tyster
[Message sent by forum member 'tyster' (tyster)]