users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with context URI

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:07:12 PDT

Hi,

I am pretty new to Glassfish. I am using Glassfish Enterprise Server v2.1.

My app contains 2 components, 1 EJB jar and 1 WAR. I packaged it into an EAR and deployed it successfully to the server through the admin gui.

The first time I deployed it, I did not include a /META-INF/application.xml file, so my EAR was:
ejbApp.jar
szTest.war

Question #1:
Shouldn't I be able to access my web application by going to http://localhost:8080/szTest?

Well, for some reason I can't and it gives me a 404.

I then proceeded to define an application.xml which contained this:
<application>
<module>
  <web>
     <web-uri>szTest.war</web-uri>
     <context-root>szTest</context-root>
  </web>
</module>
<module>
  <ejb>ejbApp.jar</ejb>
</module>
</application>

Now, the structure of my EAR was:
--------------------------
ejbApp.jar
szTest.war
META-INF
  - application.xml

However, even after I deployed the EAR with the new structure (with application.xml), I still can't access http://localhost:8080/szTest application and it gives me a 404.

Note that if I deploy just the szTest.war as a standalone web application, it works and I am able to access it.

Could someone help me out and explain what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
YC.
[Message sent by forum member 'ypfamily' (ypfamily)]