users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish remote connection error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 06:44:40 PDT

What is running where and who throws the exception?

The root cause is "Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect" which means that the "client" cannot connect to the specified ip+port, namely <<MY REAL IP>> + 3700.

Can you test if you can connect to that ip+port from the client host [b]manually[/b]? Under unix, you can do 'telnet <<MY REAL IP>> 3700'; under windows, Start/Run, telnet, then File/Connect and enter the ip address [b]and[/b] the port number (I might not have the menu options exactly right but it's reasonably obvious). You should get a connection, not a timeout.

If you get a timeout then either there's a firewall in between or the server host is blocking connections to port 3700 (ie. it is running a firewall itself).

If you can connect then we need to think some more :-)
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]