users@glassfish.java.net

Patch installer don't work: trouble with temporary files

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:11:57 PDT

I'm trying to install 128648-10 patch but I got trouble.

I did the installation in lab a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine. Now in the preproduction environment the installer is not doing anything.

When I run sges-2_1-p02-solaris-i586.bin, a window saying "Extracting Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment files..." appear and nothing happen next.

If I try to run in console mode, I have this output:
./sges-2_1-p02-solaris-i586.bin -console
Checking available disk space...
Checking Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Extracting Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment files...
Deleting temporary files...
[b]Abort (core dumped)[/b]

I also tried to specify a tmpdir. It's working only in console mode and at the end of the installation I get an error:
Installer is trying to delete the backups taken before upgrade. This may take
some time. Please wait..

   Please press Enter/Return key to exit the installation program. {"!" exits}
Deleting temporary files...
Deleting temporary files...
[b]Abort (core dumped)[/b]

Any idea what's wrong? Where are those temporary files? Why the installer can't delete them?

Vincent
[Message sent by forum member 'vvlier' (vvlier)]