users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Linux or Solaris??

From: Michael Mellinger <mmellinger66_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:52:14 -0400

We have dev and qa GF in zones on one box. On our production box we
have 2 GF servers proxied off of Apache for our 2 production apps. We
use Grails and it seems to kill the servers on deployment on a regular
basis so we prefer to have 2 GF's for each large app, each with a
separate MySql install. GF is placed in /opt in all of our Zones and
we use Web Stack for MySql.

Zones are very stable. I'm sure you could run multiple sites from
them. Here's Web Stack.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/webstack

-Mike