users@glassfish.java.net

Admin console - Authentication failed

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:48:17 PDT

Hi there,

I'm following the GlassFish V2.1 quick start guide (windows)

After installing GlassFish V2.1 I've started the default domain

$asadmin start-domain domain1 and everything seems to be ok.

The next step of the quick start guide is to log on to the admin console. Unfortunately when I enter the http://localhost:4848 on my firefox or windows internet explorer and enter the default admin credentials. I get an authentication error. During the installation I did not change the default password.

This is what the log file says:
-----------------------------
|INFO|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.core.security|

ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-4848-2;admin;|SEC5046:

Audit: Authentication refused for [admin].|#]
WARNING|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|

ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-4848-2;

Web login failed: Login failed: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Failed file login for admin.|#]

I have no idea what I am missing?

Thanks in advance
[Message sent by forum member 'isenseo' (isenseo)]