users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish versus Sun Java System Web Server

From: Xavier Callejas <xavier_at_wflogistics.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:45:47 -0600

Hi,

What is the difference between 'Sun Glassfish Enterprise Server' and 'Sun Java
System Web Server' for deploying a java (jsf) web application???

This question came to me since a while, but since a few days I am trying to
configure "Load balancing" in Glasfish so 'Sun Web Server' came to the
scenario again.

The web application I'm developing is a JSF 1.2 application using JPA, in
Netbeans.

I have tried to clarify my self reading docs. about both but I still do not
understand the difference, or why I should deploy my web application in
Glassfish rather than in Sun Web Server.

Thanks in advance.

xavier.