users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with starting new instance of cluster.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:15:30 PDT

> Nop this not a laptop, but the problem is with this
> loopback I dont know where can I configure this.

OK. That excludes the most common cause.

> LOG from instance1 domain
> INFO |JMS Service Connection URL is
> :mq://localhost.localdomain:37676/|#]
> INFO MQJMSRA_RA1101: SJSMQ JMS Resource Adapter
> starting...|#]
> WARNING - Looking for Broker Running
> at:localhost:37676|#]
> WARNING - Error occurred on connection creation
> [localhost:37676]. - cause:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused|#]
> WAR - start:Ping broker failed 60085 millis after
> broker start performed. Failing ra.start()|#]
> start:Aborting:Check Broker Log File
> at:/opt/glassfish/nodeagents/agent-1/instance1/imq/in
> tances/cluster/log/log.txt|#]
> WAR -start:Aborting:Check Broker Password File
> at:/tmp/asmq5560764303187286689.tmp|#]
> SEVERE - start:Aborting:Exception starting LOCAL
> broker=MQJMSRA_LB4001: start:Aborted:Unable to ping
> Broker within 60000 millis (startTimeOut)|#]
> WAR - java.lang.RuntimeException: MQJMSRA_LB4001:
> start:Aborted:Unable to ping Broker within 60000
> millis (startTimeOut)
> INFO Leaving GMS group cluster with shutdown type set
> to InstanceShutdown|#]
> INFO sending notification to server...instance1|#]
> INFO Server shutdown complete.|

These messages mean the broker hasn't started. The reason the broker hasn't started should be in the broker log. If it's the loopback error then this is the cause.

One thing to try: are you able to start a standalone MQ broker? (Without Glassfish running, navigate to your imq/bin directory and execute imqbrokerd).

Nigel
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin' (nigeldeakin)]