users@glassfish.java.net

Co existence of IIS and Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:26:39 PDT

Hi There,

I am a graduate student assistant and currently working on the design of a new web application using Java EE. This will be a shift for our office from the Microsoft based technologies. Currently, all the web applications are hosted on IIS. I have worked a bit with Glassfish app server and was considering the same for the new application.
My question is: Can I go ahead and install the glass fish server alongside the current IIS server on the same network machine. I dont have a practical knowledge about what the challenges will be.
I want to ensure that the two web servers can work side by side on the same machine because the project is still on a feasibility analysis phase.

Regards...rv
[Message sent by forum member 'ramanv' (ramanv)]