users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Timezones, Glassfish, Two different systems: How do I change the TZ of

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:13:29 PDT

Thank you for all this useful information. I've just created a account so I can comment.

My JVM Report shows user.timezone=GMT but my print out statements in a couple of web services prints a default time zone that is the same as the timezone on the host itself. I ended up changing the timezone programmatically via TimeZone.setDefault (....) but I found something interesting and perhaps expected. Apparently web applications are threads in the same JVM. I found that changing the timezone in one web service changes the timezone for all.

Back to JVM Report, while my report contains:

user.home = /root
user.language = en
user.name = root
user.timezone = GMT

I don't see where any of these stuff is set in the adimin console. I don't see it in JVM Options??? Under Configuration->System Properties, I have like zero properties defined?

Any comments?

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'montereyjack' (montereyjack)]