users@glassfish.java.net

Specifiying Address / Interface for cluster node communication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:55:51 PDT

Hi folks,

Is it possible to specify the interface or IP address used for cluster node communication? In our data centers, we use eth0 as our management network (backups, monitoring, etc) and eth1 and higher for everything else.

The problem I'm seeing is that when non-DAS nodes are advertising their locations to one another, they are doing so through eth0, which has a very restrictive set of firewall (iptables) rules for traffic. eth1 is open to the network segment that each of the cluster nodes belong to. When I disable iptables and effectively open up eth0, the nodes communicate properly and the cluster works. When I enable iptables, it fails again.

To sum it up, I need a way to specify the interface or address used for internal cluster communication.

I'm using glassfish v2.1 b60e, on Linux.

Thanks,

James
[Message sent by forum member 'jmartinloi' (jmartinloi)]