users@glassfish.java.net

In-memory replication partly working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 01:56:43 PDT

Hi Shreedhar,

thanks for your valuable input. Following your suggestion, I made another attempt on the multicast setup using the shoal test-mcast utilities. For a cluster of Linux and Opensolaris I was able to identify that I had a routing problem: Adding a route to the multicast subnet on the linux box (/sbin/route -n add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0) made the in-memory replication work by ... great! At least for this setup I'm in the game. :-D

For the Solaris Zone setup, things are different and somewhat wierd. I have run the shoal tools with the machines in various roles (sniffer or sender) and, while some combinations work all the time, others do only once and others again do not work at all. Telling from netstat and ifconfig, all machines seem to be identical.

Question now: how can I further investigate differences within the network setup of my Solaris 10 zones?

Cheers
 Mobi.
[Message sent by forum member 'mobiwan' (mobiwan)]