users@glassfish.java.net

Multiple web-apps, Domains

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 01:48:24 PDT

Hi,

I have 2 web-applications and 2 different domain names.

The web-apps are deployed to ${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules/<MyWebApp>

How can I ensure, that going to www.my-dom.com glassfish points automatically into the deployment directory?

if I enter ${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules/<MyWebApp> this to the docroot, it won't be considered.

as well the context-path does not solve the problem.

The deployed web apps should start from the deployment directory. I don't want to go for a proxy solution, multiple instances and as well not for multiple domains.

is there any solution to tell in sun-web.xml, that the start directory of a domain is
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules/<MyWebApp>

how can I achieve this?

Btw: I have apache and mod_jk running, and this works so far, that requests to the domain name on port 80 are internally forwarded to the glassfish server.

Thank you very much in advance, any help / suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,
Dave.
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate' (seagate)]