users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Urgent - EJB SSB Timeouts!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:22:03 PDT

> by the way, I think whatever's happening is happening
> on the ejb server not the client, as I just tried to
> run the command line program below again and it
> didn't even get through the first loop, so JNDI on
> that server seems to have locked up

Hi,

seems to reflect my assumption that maybe the ORB has no more connections/threads. I looked again at the domain.xml and saw that the default orb listener uses thread-pool-1 which has the maximum thread number of 200. Maybe you can do a jstack on the PID of the Glassfish and check if there are a large number of suspicious threads. As a start you could look for lines containing "thread-pool-1", e.g. "p: thread-pool-1; w: 2" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0844d400 nid=0x3516 runnable [0x65773000..0x65773fc0]".

Cheers
Chris.
[Message sent by forum member 'chrjohn' (chrjohn)]