users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB execution in Custom Thread Pool is not consistent

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:34:23 PDT

> I have couple of
> MDB running in custom thread pool. I use Glassfish
> 2.1 and Open MQ 4.3 (both are running as windows
> services). I configured access to broker as remote.
>
> On one of my servers it was quite repeatable
> behavior. After restarting Open MQ and next
> restarting Glassfish, MDBs on Glassfish stopped
> consuming messages (all new messages stayed in
> queues). I needed to restart again Glassfish to force
> MDBs to work but sometimes it was not enough – I had
> to redeploy application containing MDBs.

Can you provide more details about this?

What was different about the Glassfish instance that didn't consume messages? (You say this was repeatable).

You mentioned that you used a "custom thread pool". What did you configure? Was there any difference between the instance that worked and the one that didn't. Do you suspect this might be the cause?

Nigel
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin' (nigeldeakin)]