users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish (v3) and FastCGI (PHP)

From: Barry van Someren <barry_at_bvansomeren.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:39:05 +0200

Hi,

I vaguely recall that CGI support was going to be part of Glassfish
V3, but what about FastCGI?
FastCGI does not fork a process under your application, but it runs a
simple standalone server for added security and scalability (over CGI)
It also allows running as a separate user.. etc.

So I've taken a look at JFastCgi and found it to work pretty much out
of the box on Glassfish V3.
It runs Wordpress fine (with the exception that the default Windows
CGI version only opens 1 worker by the looks of it)
I'm going to run some more tests this week under Linux / Mac OS X if I
can get a decent FastCGI version of PHP going.

Maybe I can shoehorn the code into a module of sorts?
Right now it's just a servlet, pretty much like CGIServlet.

Regards,

Barry

You can find JFastCGI here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfastcgi

--