users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Delivery of JMS message in case of distributed transaction

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:52:44 PDT

Our JPA implementation is Hibernate 3. The synchronization works and the dirty entites are flushed before the 2PC starts - I suppose that it's using JTA's synchronization facility under the hood.

I didn't thought about the last-agent-optimization. However, based on my understanding, JMS should be the one to be non-XA. In this case JMS will always be the last participant and this forces the database commit to happen first.

I checked again the JTA, JCA and JMS specs briefly, and I couldn't find any information about how the transaction manager is supposed to order/prioritize the RM enlisted in the distributed transaction.
* Does the TM prepare and commit the RM in the same order they were enlisted?
* Is there some settings somewhere where we can assign a priority to the RM ?
[Message sent by forum member 'ewernli' (ewernli)]