users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Communications Exception after wait_timeout expires in MySQL 5

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:19:52 PDT

The queries I'm using look like so:

SELECT RackId from Racks JOIN AccountItems ON RefItemId = ItemId WHERE RefAccountId = ?1 ORDER BY RackId

SELECT AccountId FROM AccountItems JOIN SysNetBlocks ON ItemId=RefItemId WHERE ?1 >= IntNetworkAddr AND IntBroadcast >= ?2;

Here's the jdbc resource:
<jdbc-resource enabled="true" jndi-name="jdbc/TEST_Pool" object-type="user" pool-name="TestPool"/>

The connection pool is attached to my previous post, but here's the property you were looking for:
<property name="LoginTimeout" value="0"/>

I added all of the many auto-reconnect references because the exception I was getting suggested enabling it. But I thought that gf should be catching the timeout exception and reopening the connection and running the query again.

Regardless it's been several months since I last fought with this, let me take the weekend to run some test cases and get back to you with logs.

Again, thanks to both of you for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'loren_' (loren_)]