users@glassfish.java.net

URGENT! sudden GlassFish problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 01:59:38 PDT

Dear all,

we are currently developing a J2EE application on a very tight deadline using a GlassFish V2.1 with NetBeans IDE 6.7 RC1

2 days ago, for simplification I renamed a package in the netbeans project, deleted some
unused libraries from 3rd-party vendors and re-deployed the application.

Since this time the URL-Rewriting does not work anymore!

The time before GlassFish was appending the ;jsessionid to the URL but now the application just can be used, if we have enabled cookies. This is something unwanted because we need to have a url session tracking .

the server.log indicates:

[#|2009-06-02T09:41:04.394+0200|INFO|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=18;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-4848-1;enableURLRewriting;|WEB0109: Property [enableURLRewriting] is not yet supported|#]

this is what we have in the sun-web.xml:

<session-config>
    <session-properties>
      <property name="enableCookies" value="false"/>
      <!-- default value is true -->
      <property name="enableURLRewriting" value="true"/>
      <!-- default value is true -->
      <property name="timeoutSeconds" value="1800"/>
    </session-properties>
  </session-config>

it was working great the whole time before and I do not have a clue what's going out of hand now.

Yesterday night I installed the latest GlassFisch V2.1 release including the HDAB feature as I thought, that the particular patch addressing urlRewriting issue is already applied.

But it seems it isn't.

As well I tried to install GlassFish V3 prelude on one of our sparc machines, but the installation process terminates on an very early state with the message that no terminal could be found.

GlassFish V3 prelude gui installation stops all the time at the window asking for the administration credentials.

Our System Configuration:
Sun Solaris 10 10-2008
Sun Fire Ultra-Sparc IIIi-CU platform (2x1.2GHz) 4 GB RAM
Apache 2.0.63
mod_jk
Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs)

I would be grateful, to recieve a response.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Dave
[DE]SYSTEMS ENGINEERING Ltd.
Sun Principal Partner
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate' (seagate)]