users@glassfish.java.net

Dynamic Reload not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:38:00 PDT

Hi All,
        I have an installation of sun application server 8.1 on a solaris machine and have been trying to get dynamic reloading working (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3673/beadz?a=view). I've tried creating changing an xml file in one of the applications that have been deployed/expanded and created a .reload file in the application's directory but nothing is happening. If I try this locally on my windows pc everything works fine and I can see in the log that reloading is working. The only difference I can see between my pc and the remote host is that mine is a default install of the app server with one application whereas the remote box has several 'targets' when trying to deploy things.

Since I don't know all that much about app servers I'm a bit at a loss. I checked the configuration in the domain.xml file on the remote machine and all of the entries for the das-config or whatever it is seem ok (reload is active, 2 second refresh).

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
MJ
[Message sent by forum member 'mj3' (mj3)]