users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: pre-glassfish domain startup problems

From: Derek Sceats <dsceats_at_silasg.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:14:25 -0700

I am using Glassfish v2.1 and am able to replicate the same error message: "CLI156 Could not start the domain domain1". I don't get the other information, but I believe that something similar is occuring. The only way I can get Glassfish to restart is by changing the master-password back to the default "changeit".

Try this and see if it sorts out your problem...

1. Navigate to the \glassfish\lib directory
2. Type in "asadmin" (don't include quotation marks - just what is between the quotation marks)
3. At the prompt, asadmin>, type in "change-master-password"
4. If prompted for the master-password, enter current password (I assume that you changed this at some time)
5. Enter the new master password "changeit"
6. Re-enter "changeit"

You should receive a message confirming that the password has been changed.
Now restart Glassfish, by typing "start-domain domain1".
If prompted for the master-password, enter "changeit".

Please let me know if this helps.

Derek