users@glassfish.java.net

unable to launch web-apps via internal network

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:26:40 PDT

We are running an older version of Sun Java System App Server (8.1) and this server has two network cards: one for the internal network and one for the external network. There are a few web-apps deployed on this app server and all are accessible via the internet, however when we attempt to access the applications directly via the internal network (http://10.10.10.x/appname), the connection attempt just hangs. We can access the server directly through other protocols (FTP, telnet, http) and can access the admin console, but not the apps (which were able to do previously - before some network issues). Is there something from an appserver administration point that needs to be added (listeners or virtual servers)? I don't remember having to add anything in the past for this capability.

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' (black_lotus)]