users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: How to disable PHP, Perl, etc in GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:20:58 PDT

Thanks Martin, thanks Jacob.

So everything points at the fact that php, perl etc are disabled by default.
Our web app is a grails application with not a single php or perl script in it; just gsp.
The thing is that last night the server was attacked and someone managed to run a script of some type with really bad results for us.
So I want to make sure that we at least eliminate problems with other scripting languages our app is not using.
Is there a way to really-really be sure?
I don't like the way some scripting languages are magically enabled or disabled depending on the war file that is deployed. I would like to check and force this by myself, if possible.

If there is no such a way, I guess I'll have to trust the way GlassFish does things internally.

Any further comments will be appreciated
[Message sent by forum member 'alecaste' (alecaste)]