users@glassfish.java.net

pre-glassfish domain startup problems

From: Some_One <justin_at_insurfact.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:24:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using a pre-glassfish version of the app server - Sun Java System App
Server 8.1 - and I'm desperate for any help I can get. I'm hoping the are
some similarities in between glassfish and my version.

A few days ago I changed the password for the web-admin console (the one
that runs on default port 4848). This was done successfully. However now,
when we try and restart the domain - through the command prompt and the use
of asadmin - it does not start up. Initially we were getting some
authentication related errors... we played around with changing some
passwords and options and now when we try and start up we get a prompt for a
master password, which we enter and then we get a message that the domain
cannot start up and for us to check the server logs... which dont appear to
have anything related. If there any hope for us or are we completely
screwed?

Thanks