users@glassfish.java.net

Re: In memory session management Problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:08:36 PDT

There are 2 different issues here:

a) there was some time ago a reported issue that was specific to a two node cluster.
That issue is fixed when you use this version of GlassFish as Naveen has seen:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-b17.html

b) what you are experiencing is likely an issue that occurs if an web application is
getting multiple concurrent requests for the same session id on different threads. This
can occur if your application is using some ajax-type frameworks, or Frames, etc. You may be
simulating this given the way you are hitting refresh - I think this behavior may be somewhat
browser dependent.

To see if this is your problem, add the relaxVersionSemantics property to the sun-web.xml for your web application. I am pasting in a sample snippet from sun-web.xml for your convenience, so you can see where that property goes.

<sun-web-app>
  <session-config>
    <session-manager persistence-type="replicated">
        <manager-properties>
                <property name="relaxCacheVersionSemantics" value="true"/>
        </manager-properties>
    </session-manager>
  </session-config>

</sun-web-app>

hope this helps

P.S. I am planning to get a few blogs up soon to address these same 2 issues
that are coming up for people so I'll report back on that when it's done.
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]