users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clusterjsp sample losing session data

From: Jesse McLaughlin <alterego_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 02:52:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Just read this thread with interest, as I am experiencing exactly this
issue. I am using glassfishv2.1-b60e.

The problem is very easy to reproduce: Simply create a cluster with two
instances, and deploy the clusterjsp web-app from the samples (In my case I
specified a context root of '/'), with availability enabled.

Then, point a browser to: http://localhost:38080/HaJsp.jsp

Now add some session data (at this point I verify that the data is
replicated by browsing to the same page on port 38081, as in the tutorial).

Finally, revisit the original page. Note the session data is there.
Refresh the page a few times, data still there. Then, hold down 'refresh'
in order to re-request the page as fast as the browser is able. After a few
moments of this, I notice that the session data disappears (and the session
id has changed). Ie. the original session gets lost and a new one takes its
place.

My question is, is there an open issue for this problem? If so, what is the
bug reference? Alternatively, does anyone know if maybe I've done something
wrong here?

Thanks,
Jesse.