users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clusterjsp sample losing session data

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:08:57 PDT

Hi Cameron,

thanks for the good news!

I am going to file 2 issues in the GlassFish issue tracker:

1. Make HTTP session versioning thread-safe

2. Introduce a configuration option in sun-web.xml that relaxes the
   matching criteria for HTTP sessions:
   If set to true (default: false), this flag will instruct the webapp's
   session manager to return a cached HTTP session, even it its version
   is greater than what was requested, without querying the remaining
   cluster members for a possible extact match. This would be a
   relaxation of the default behaviour where a cached HTTP session is
   returned immediately only if its version matches the requested version
   exactly.

Hopefully, we will be able to incorporate the patches we sent you into the upcoming GlassFish v2.1 release.

I am going to add you to the interest list of both issues, so you will receive any status updates.

Thanks!

Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'jluehe' (jluehe)]