users@glassfish.java.net

Application config change not picked up

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 01:22:57 PDT

Hi

This is for Sun App Server 8.1, hope that's OK (the sjsas-specific forum directed me here).

We are trying to change a properties file in our webapp (deployed as a WAR). It's in a JAR file in WEB-INF/lib. No matter what we do though, the change is not being picked up after a server restart. Our environment is as follows:

We have two domains in a cluster and each one has a nodeagent. We have changed the file (inside the JAR) on domain1, then restarted it. The changed file is then propagated onto the nodeagent when we restart domain1. We have not touched domain2, but we're hoping that since we're not restarting domain2, this will not interfere in any way.

Our app is still picking up the old value though. If anyone could help us with this we'd be really grateful. Or if you know how to get Sjsas to recognise a new class file, that would also be useful (since I guess the same principal is at work). We've looked everywhere for a 'cached' old version, but can't find one. Could the cluster be interfering with what we're trying to do?

NB: we can't do a full 'proper' deployment of the app for other reasons.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'richardgundersen' (richardgundersen)]