users@glassfish.java.net

Form Login doesn't redirect with SSL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:25:18 PDT

When I access ./protected/secure.html through http it redirects fine to ./login.jsp, but when I try to access the same file through https it does not redirect the browser, but instead writes login.jsp to the output stream, which of course screws up any javascript or image references. Essentially when you connect using https, it chooses to use Request Dispatching to retrieve the login page, which works fine and dandy for a simple jsp login page, but if you add either an image or .js reference, the page fails to load correctly. Is there a setting I am missing here? Is there a way to make it always redirect to https//.../login.jsp?
[Message sent by forum member 'lineman78' (lineman78)]