users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't launch Glassfish after Ubuntu update

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 02:02:03 PDT

I don't use the Glassfish Tools Bundle, I use a standalone Eclipse with its server adapters. In the meantime I tried to restore the server's config using the steps mentioned at http://www.yenlo.nl/index.php/artikelen/3-glassfish/62-restoring-your-glassfish-conf but I already failed at running as admin:

maik_at_maik-desktop:/srv/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin
./asadmin: 19: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.10/jre/../bin/java: not found
maik_at_maik-desktop:/srv/glassfish/bin$

Additionally, creating a new server adapter in Eclipse and starting Glassfish brings

/srv/glassfish/bin/asadmin: 19: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.10/jre/../bin/java: not found

to screen. It seemed that there was something wrong with my Java paths bevause the Ubuntu upgrade brought along Java 6 Build 13. I changed AS_JAVA in asenv.conf and the server works again. :-)

First of all: thanks to everyone for the input. Second: this behavior might be caused by me using a manual install, so it's well possible that this is not a bug. In case it is: where to report it?
[Message sent by forum member 'brausepaul' (brausepaul)]