users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: ‘TimeToLiveTimeo ut’ property for SJA S JDBC Connection po ol

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 22:26:30 PDT

Thanks Martin.
But the oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl is a deprecated implementation.
What I want to achieve is - The connection should time-out (even if it is in use) after 'x' seconds.
I want this because if the DB I am trying to hit is in restricted mode, it takes a lot of time (10-40 seconds) to throw an exception. This affects my application performance when a large number of hits are aimed at the DB in the restricted mode.
I see that when the application is under this kind of load, there are many TCP/IP connections in TIME_WAIT status. Not sure if this delay is because of the unavailability of unused TCP sockets.
The 'TimeToLiveTimeout’ property of the OracleDataSource seems to provide the required (Time out a connection in 'x' seconds) functionality. Any alternative approach?
[Message sent by forum member 'java_doubts' (java_doubts)]