users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what can i do for an intranet?

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:45:48 -0700

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:

> i have to secure a Glassfish2.1 server (SSL). But the URL to access the website is going to be an ip address instead of a domain name.

Why? That's not particularly user-friendly.

> Does "hostname" signify "domain name"? or it can be an ip address?

A hostname is a hostname, not a domain name :-)

I imagine you could generate a cert for an IP address. Still ugly, and
users will get a security alert on an self-signed cert anyway, right?

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com