users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to make Glassfish 2.1 use ocijdbc11

From: ludo <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:52:14 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Ok, I finally got it to work! I was being silly and using the wrong syntax for the url, which has brackets instead of jdbc:oracle:oci8:@MYHOST:MYPORT:MYDBINSTANCE. I have ocijdbc11.dll and ojdbc6.jar (since I'm using jdk 1.6) in my gf lib folder.

What is killing me is that Java Editors (Nb, Eclipse, IntelliJ,
jDeveloper, jBuilder, ...) all have real-time Java syntax error
reporting while you type, (at worse the Java compiler would emit an
error if you are a vi/emacs/gedit/notepad user), but when it come to
dynamic resources definitions, db urls, any configurations done via an
"ascii collection of chars", you are on your own....Maybe DB URLs should
be defined as Java Syntax (easily correctable) in Java EE 7?
Test oriented definitions are not as developer friendly as expected I guess.
Ludo