users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Do I need a Enterprise Server subscription to run a cluster?

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:08:45 +0200

thanks for sending your question Niklas,

Yes, patches are for users with a subscription.
The model is described here: http://blogs.sun.com/alexismp/entry/support_for_glassfish_what_s

Once installed the bits from glassfish.dev.java.net and those from
sun.com/appserver are the same.
Further subtle differences are documented here : http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqGlassFishV2vsSJSAS91

In the specific case of 6774854, the fix in integrated into GlassFish
v2.1 patch 1 (patch 2 is out now btw).

Is a subscription not possible in your case? Access to patches is
included in the lowest service level @ $999 /Server/Year (http://www.sun.com/software/products/glassfish_portfolio/get_it.jsp
)

hope this helps,
-Alexis