users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the proper way to serialize/deserialize using Glassfish V2?

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 16:32:22 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Sorry I'm actually not sure about what I'm saying here, so will give more detail.
> Glassfish V2 has been installed with JDK 1.6.0_12 (so I assume this is the JVM used by the server). However, I have several version of java installed on the server (JDK 1.4.0/1.6.0/1.6.0_12).
> I've tried to compile the web project (with Netbeans) with JDK 1.6.0_12 and 1.5.0_14.
> I would like to compile the applet with a earlier version (at least 1.4) in order to assure compatibility with maximum web browser plugins. Therefore, I tried to run compiled the applet with JDK 1.5.0_14 and 1.4.2_13. None of these work.

ObjectOutputStream is part of the JDK and thus you have to look for the
differences here.

Which JDK is used can be found in $GF_HOME/config/asenv.conf (could be
that this file is called asenv.bat in Windows). You should change the
value of the variable "AS_JAVA" as a first step so that the VM for v2 is
the same as the one used for v1.

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer