users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error when sending email from a web application that runs on GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:47:35 PDT

Well... I've made some progress:
- When I use port number 587 for smtp.gmail.com, then the email is sent without a problem!!!
- When I use port 465, then is when I get the error.

So it seems it's a security problem.
Maybe gmail does not like self-signed certificates... that could be the issue (although the mail is sent when running the app in other servers like Jetty, with a self-signed certificate).
So how do I add smtp.gmail.com to GlassFish's certificate store?

Thanks a lot.
[Message sent by forum member 'alecaste' (alecaste)]