users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JNDI properties for remote lookup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:39:56 PDT

Hi,

Is workplace a canonical host name ?
Have you checked whether GlassFish is listening on workplace:19438 or not ?
Are you using developer or cluster setups ?

Looks like GlassFish v2 has very surprising difficulties to handle hostnames or hosts with several IP addresses.
In a different thread, I have asked about any other people having difficulties with configurations like these. You may be.
It may be a good idea for you to describe further your own architecture so that we can see whether this may be the same problem again.

Bye
[Message sent by forum member 'vkoniecz' (vkoniecz)]