users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish & Comet: catching client abnormal disconnection

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 11:29:18 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Also: what is the best way to set a timeout limit on the execution time of asynchronous notifications (= cometContext.notify() calls with setBlockingNotification(false)) ?

So you want to make sure that when CometHandler.onEvent() never blocks
and timeout in case it block? Invoking setBlockingNotification(false)
will not solve this issue, it will instead use a Thread Pool to execute
all you suspended response, e.g CometHandler.onEvent() instead of using
the calling thread (when setBlockingNotification(true)).

> Should I write my own NotificationHandler ? Or is there a parameter somewhere ?

You are right, writing your own NotificationHandler is the way to go as
we don't (yet) have such implementation available. If you are
interested, let's move the discussion on users_at_grizzly.dev.java.net and
we can try to build one with the help of the community. I'm pretty sure
some folks will be interested to contribute.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois