users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V2, deploying EJB module

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 20:48:15 +0530

BTW, the reason I said you relied on a non-portable feature is because
the JPA 1.0 spec says the following in section #6.2:

/A persistence unit is defined by a persistence.xml file. The jar file
or directory whose META-INF
directory contains the persistence.xml file is termed the root of the
persistence unit. In Java EE,
the root of a persistence unit may be one of the following:
      • an EJB-JAR file
      • the WEB-INF/classes directory of a WAR file[40]
      • a jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory of a WAR file
      • a jar file in the root of the EAR
      • a jar file in the EAR library directory
      • an application client jar file
/
Thanks,
Sahoo