users@glassfish.java.net

Re: frontend technology for V3

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:56:57 +0200

On Apr 30, 2009, at 7:25 PM, Felipe Gaścho wrote:

> ok, what is the most easy of use and yet productive technology to
> produce web applications on top of Glassfish v3 ?
>
> JRuby ? others ?

One solution is Jersey MVC. You can make your Jersey app serve HTML as
well as XML/JSON data, and the HTML, via Java script and async
requests, can call back to get JSON data.

You can use JSPs but you can also plug in your own template technology
like Freemarker.

See:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/1.0.3/bookstore-1.0.3-project.zip

http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/mvcj